RETREAT: Unplug and Recharge: Living Mindfully in the Digital Age
Mindfulness teacher Krista De Castella will be hosting a pair of back-to-back daylong retreats in Los Gatos. This is a terrific opportunity to slow down, pay attention, and get free from some of the patterns and habits that have been holding you back.
Day One (Jan 16) explores what it means to live mindfully in a world where we're constantly connected to our screens and devices. The day long workshop involves will explore some of the neuroscience behind technology addiction, and meditation. It will also involve some group exercises and introduce participants to some mindfulness meditations and exercises.
Day 2 (Jan 17) is a silent daylong retreat (in the Zen tradition). Unlike the MBSR daylongs, there will be very little guidance on the second day. The first day is best suited to beginners and day 2 is typically better for people who have already had an introduction to meditation and/or have a meditation practice. That said, beginners are welcome to attend and there will be private check-ins available with the teacher available for new students.
- Dates: January 16th and/or 17th (overnight options available).
- Check-in: 9am - 9:30am (both days)
- Retreat: 9:30am - 5:30pm (both days)
- Tea/Cookies: 5:30 - 6:30pm (both days)
- Location: Jikoji Zen Center - 12100 Skyline Blvd, Los Gatos, CA 95033 (Approx. 1hr drive on the 280 from San Francisco).
- Cost: $50 (daylong price)
- Accommodation & meals for overnight retreat ($80+)
- Please bring your own lunch on Saturday (Jan 16th).
- Space limited for overnight retreat.
Click here for information or registration