Licensed Therapist--San Jose Corporate Campus
Do you have a passion for delivering evidence-based treatments?
We are seeking a licensed therapist (psychologist or social worker) to work at a corporate client site. This is a great opportunity to provide therapy to pleasant, highly motivated clients, and to consult with supportive and knowledgeable colleagues. Our goal is to allow you to focus on doing good clinical work in a supportive environment, without the stress of building a practice or the red tape of a large agency.
This is an ideal position for someone who already has half- or full-time employment at a hospital, agency, or university, and is looking to supplement their income with 10-20 clinical hours/week. The candidate will provide counseling services to individuals, couples, families, and groups 1-2 days/week at an OnSite mental health clinic for one of our corporate clients.
The therapist will use a variety of assessment and intervention techniques to address mental health problems such as depression, anxiety, addiction and substance abuse, suicidal impulses, stress, trauma, low self-esteem, and grief. In addition, they will work with psychosocial issues such as relationship communication problems, change and transition, stage of life challenges, and job problems.
The ideal candidate is someone who...
- is an independently licensed psychologist (PhD or PsyD) or clinical social worker (LCSW)
- has a strong foundation in evidence-based individual therapy, including graduate work or other formal training in Evidence Based Practices such as ACT and CBT
- understands the HIPAA requirements for mental health records and substance abuse records, and maintains appropriate documentation in compliance with legal and ethical standards
- is capable of managing crisis situations, including suicidal and threatening behavior and ideation, and other urgent and emergent circumstances
- is capable of performing case management when services needs exceed the scope of the OnSite clinic
Hours: This is a part-time contract position (10-20 client hrs./week)
Compensation: Fee for Service, based upon experience
To Apply: Interested applicants, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include "San Jose Therapist" in the subject line
Job Type: Part-time, contract
Required license or certification: Active unrestricted CA mental health license
Required education: Master's
Job Location: San Jose, CA